Hawa Porta Glass – the all-glass sliding door system is being used creatively to divide rooms at the five-star Hyatt Capital Gate Abu Dhabi. The building has been entered in the Guinness Book of World Records due to its incline of more than 18 degrees.
Clever room division with EKU Porta Glass
Hawa Porta Glass architectural sliding door hardware is the perfect choice for designer glass doors in upscale living rooms and office spaces.
Product advantages Hawa Porta Glass
- Design – filigree wall-mounted running track – with aluminium panel
- Product range – 1 system – 2 weight classes (40/100kg)
- Attractive range of accessories – synchro solution, soft closing system and system freespan installation
- Comfort – gentle, quiet running – precision ball bearing – clamping without machining of the glass
- Simple and economical – set packaging
- Swiss quality – tested in accordance with DIN-EN 1527, 100'000 cycles
The skyscraper with the steepest incline in the world
Abu Dhabi’s answer to the Leaning Tower of Pisa is Capital Gate. Capital Gate leans 18 degrees westwards – more than four times that of the world-famous Leaning Tower of Pisa and has been certified as the “World’s Furthest Leaning Manmade Tower” by the Guinness Book of World Records.
The building was designed by the architects RMJM, built over a period of four years and is owned by Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company (ADNEC). With a height of 160 metres and 35 floors Capital Gate embodies the national identity and values of Abu Dhabi through its unique futuristic design. As the eye-catching canopy sweeps from the 18th floor across the historic grandstand, the past is connected with the new, creating a wave-like effect over the exhibition centre.
With its impressive design Capital Gate is home to Abu Dhabi’s premium business hotel – Hyatt Capital Gate Abu Dhabi, Hawa Porta Glass promotes the aesthetic appeal of the hotel rooms and suites. Due to its completely concealed sliding system, Hawa Porta Glass itself meets the highest demands in terms of design and technology and allows for a highly valuable and creative room division.